Credit card fraud has increased by 71% over the past decade with financial losses averaging around $800 million in 2019 alone.
Card fraud can be a huge headache to resolve especially if the perpetrator managed to make a lot of purchases with your card. This is not only extremely stressful to track down, but the lingering issues that come with trying to prove the purchases weren't made by you is very challenging.
We don't want this to happen to you so we're going to share some really easy tips for preventing card fraud, check it out!
- Always shield the keypad while entering your PIN
- Inspect ATMs before inserting your card, skimmers or fake fraudulent card readers are extremely common
- Have a PIN that is easy for you to remember but is not common or related to birthdays, anniversaries, addresses, phone numbers, etc.
- Just like passwords, it is good to change your PIN every so often
- Use different PIN numbers for each card
- Avoid entering card information for suspicious websites
While following all fo these tips won't fully prevent card fraud from occurring, it definitely reduces your risk of falling victim.